Latest posts by Josh Gross (see all)
- DFS MLB: Picks and Lineup Tips – Sunday May 20th - May 20, 2018
- DFS MLB: Picks and Lineup Tips – Saturday May 19th - May 19, 2018
- DFS MLB: Picks and Lineup Tips – Sunday May 13th - May 13, 2018
Generally, the goal is to have a lineup of all six golfers making the cut. Some weeks it will vary, but a majority of the time, six is the goal. Every week the spreadsheet will be updated with the field and stats necessary to look into when determining your lineups.
With that being said, lets talk about some picks.
Previous 4 Winners:
2016: Hideki Matsuyama (-23)
2015: Russell Knox (-20)
2014: Bubba Watson (-10)
2013: Dustin Johnson (-24)
KEY STATS FOR THIS WEEK:
- SG Tee-Green
- SG Putting
- Birdie or Better
- Par 5 Scoring
- Driving Distance
– DFS PGA Plays of the Week –
Hideki Matsuyama ($11,400)
- The defending champion will be a popular choice this week, and he comes into the event in good form having finished T5 two weeks ago in Malaysia. In a short, Par 72 course, Par 5 Scoring will potentially determine many fates this week, and Matsuyama happens to be the best Par 5 Scorer on Tour. In his form, at the CIMB he ranked 1st in GIR and Driving Accuracy, as well as 5th in Bogey Avoidance, while collecting 20 birdies or better. He’s going to need to go low to repeat this event, and with a strong showing with his putter at the CIMB, he should be in a prime spot this week. On our Cheat Sheet, Matsuyama is of course 1st in Par 5 Scoring, 5th T-G, 7th Birdie or Better, 26th in Distance, but one of the better iron strikers in the game, and while he’s 173rd in Putting, if he can carry over that strong form, he’s an unstoppable force this weekend.