Latest posts by Josh Gross (see all)
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Saturday March 17th - March 17, 2018
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Friday March 16th - March 16, 2018
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Thursday March 15th - March 15, 2018
Generally, the goal is to have a lineup of all six golfers making the cut. Some weeks it will vary, but a majority of the time, six is the goal. Every week the spreadsheet will be updated with the field and stats necessary to look into when determining your lineups.
Hello everyone! The best part about Super Bowl weekend is the trip to Scottsdale! TPC Scottsdale provides an electric weekend of golf, with the largest crowds we’ll see on Tour all season, thanks to the Par 3 16th which resembles a Stadium Atmosphere. It’s a very fun event that has ended in a Playoff in two straight years, with the two years prior ended in a one stroke differential. This field is LOADED with the likes of Jordan Spieth, two time defending Champion Hideki Matsuyama, Rickie Fowler, and Arizona State Alum Jon Rahm and Phil Mickelson. It should be a great week of golf, and Sunday will provide some excitement leading up to kickoff!
With that being said, lets talk about some picks.
Previous 5 Winners:
2017: Hideki Matsuyama (-17)
2016:Hideki Matsuyama (-14)
2015: Brooks Koepka (-15)
2014: Kevin Stadler (-16)
2013: Phil Mickelson (-28)
KEY STATS FOR THIS WEEK:
- SG Tee-Green
- SG Putting
- Birdie or Better
- Par 5 Scoring
- Drive Distance
– DFS PGA Plays of the Week –
Jon Rahm ($11,000)
- I expect many to turn to Hideki Matsuyama who is a two time defending champion, and simply has dominated this event. The forgotten man? Jon Rahm, the Arizona State alum who finished T5 in his first trip to Scottsdale as an Amateur, and a T16 last season in his first trip as a Pro. TPC Scottsdale played home to many Arizona State events, so he knows this course like a map. Rahm, the number two golfer in the Official World Golf Rankings won’t have a chance to take over the top spot this week, but can continue gaining some ground. Rahm ranks number one overall in our Cheat Sheet, ranking Top 10 in Tee-Green, Par 5 Scoring, and Birdie or Better Rate. With four Par 5’s on this Par 71 course, it’ll be essential for the players to take advantage, and this is a player we saw win two weeks ago at the CareerBuilder Challenge despite not picking up a birdie on a Par 5 in his final round. His 20th rank in Distance, 21st rank in GIR, and 49th in Putting, makes him one of just two players in this field to rank inside the Top 50 of every stat we highlighted this week (Marc Leishman being the other), and priced as the #3 man in the field, this is an excellent buy in a week that has loads of value.
Also, see the odds for a TOP 5 or TOP 10 finish this week. Utilizing our picks and PGA CHEAT SHEET can provide huge value in the betting market!