Latest posts by Josh Gross (see all)
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Friday February 23rd - February 23, 2018
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Thursday February 22nd - February 22, 2018
- NBA DraftKings Picks: Rising Star Challenge Showdown - February 16, 2018
Generally, the goal is to have a lineup of all six golfers making the cut. Some weeks it will vary, but a majority of the time, six is the goal. Every week the spreadsheet will be updated with the field and stats necessary to look into when determining your lineups.
Finally we return to normal sized fields, with cuts. We have about a month left before a short break heading into the Holidays, where we’ll then return after the New Year, but for now we’ll enjoy a West Coast swing with some fun PGA events. This week we head to beautiful Las Vegas for the Shriners. Bentgrass greens at TPC Summerlin, and some great weather should provide low scores. This event is notorious for producing first time winners, and it appears to be a strong field of candidates to continue that trend.
With that being said, lets talk about some picks.
Previous 4 Winners:
2016: Rod Pampling (-20)
2015: Smylie Kaufman (-16)
2014: Ben Martin (-20)
2013: Webb Simpson (-24)
KEY STATS FOR THIS WEEK:
- SG Tee-Green
- SG Putting
- Birdie or Better
- Par 5 Scoring
- Driving Distance
– DFS PGA Plays of the Week –
Webb Simpson ($11,000)
- Webb is a former winner of the Shriners, taking home the event in 2013, in his first appearance. Since then he’s gone on to finish T4, T56, and T31. More importantly, he’s made the cut every time he’s played, and he’s coming in this week with great form having not missed a cut since the Wells Fargo Championship in May, and owning five Top 25 finishes in his last six events. His putting has taken a turn for the better, as he’s long been a fan of the bentgrass greens. He enters the week 28th in our Cheat Sheet, and if not for his season ranking in Putting, he’d be even higher. Overall, his game fits this course well, and that’s likely why he’s had so much success at TPC Summerlin. His distance off the tees, and Par 5 Scoring should give him an edge on this field, and if his approach continues to excel, he’s going to be in one of the final groups on Sunday.