Latest posts by Josh Gross (see all)
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Saturday March 17th - March 17, 2018
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Friday March 16th - March 16, 2018
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Thursday March 15th - March 15, 2018
Generally, the goal is to have a lineup of all six golfers making the cut. Some weeks it will vary, but a majority of the time, six is the goal. Every week the spreadsheet will be updated with the field and stats necessary to look into when determining your lineups.
Many people’s favorite event of the year, Pebble Beach is a Pro-Am event, culminating in a three day cut as they alternate the three courses at Pebble, before ending Sunday at the Pebble Beach Links. It’s a star studded event as Dustin Johnson, Jason Day, Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, and Phil Mickelson are all making the trip to California. With a three day cut, you can get a little cuter in cash formats, as players have the extra day to make up ground. There are a TON of great plays this week, so I won’t preview any longer.
With that being said, lets talk about some picks.
Previous 5 Winners:
2017: Jordan Spieth (-19)
2016: Vaughn Taylor(-17)
2015: Brandt Snedeker (-22)
2014: Jimmy Walker (-11)
2013: Brandt Snedeker (-19)
KEY STATS FOR THIS WEEK:
- SG Tee-Green
- SG Putting
- Birdie or Better
- Par 5 Scoring
- Drive Distance
– DFS PGA Plays of the Week –
Jason Day ($10,900)
- While the popular choice this week might be Dustin Johnson, and you all know I have a soft spot for DJ, Paulina, and really that entire family, I’m going a more contrarian route this week with Jason Day. But really, how contrarian is this play? I mean, the last time we saw Jason Day he was winning the Farmers Insurance Open. In fact, just how well has Jason Day been? While he’s collected just one win, since the Travelers back in June, Day hasn’t finished worse than T27th, and he’s collected seven T11 finishes or better in that span. He’s beginning to look more like World #1 Jason Day than last seasons Day who couldn’t putt to save his life. This week, we have Day ranked 5th in our Cheat Sheet, only behind Dustin, Rahm, Rory, and Casey. He profiles as the sixth best birdie or better player on Tour, and ranks Top 50 in each stat we’ve profiled this week except Scrambling. News flash, of the Fantastic Five in the field this week (DJ, Spieth, Rory, Rahm, Day), he ranks as the best Putter among them in Strokes Gained Putting. Historically, while he’s never won at Pebble, he has finished T5, T11, T14, T4, T64, 6th, T46, T14, and 6th. That elusive first win is coming, and it very well could be this week as he looks to continue a really hot stretch.
Also, see the odds for a TOP 5 or TOP 10 finish this week. Utilizing our picks and PGA CHEAT SHEET can provide huge value in the betting market!