Latest posts by Josh Gross (see all)
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Friday February 23rd - February 23, 2018
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Thursday February 22nd - February 22, 2018
- NBA DraftKings Picks: Rising Star Challenge Showdown - February 16, 2018
Generally, the goal is to have a lineup of all six golfers making the cut. Some weeks it will vary, but a majority of the time, six is the goal. Every week the spreadsheet will be updated with the field and stats necessary to look into when determining your lineups.
Quite a week last week, as Ted Potter Jr successfully chased down, and held on to defeat Dustin Johnson. Headlines I did not expect in 2018 for $600, Alex. This week we move to Riviera for a stellar week of golf. The Tiger Woods hosted event, which will see the return of ole Eldrick, and the likes of Dustin Johnson, Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson, Justin Thomas, Paul Casey, Adam Scott, Martin Kaymer, Tommy Fleetwood, and Brendan Grace joining him. Any week Tiger is in the field is sure to be an exciting one, especially when he’s actually playing well. Riviera saw Dustin Johnson run away with a win last year, and many expect much of the same this week. It’s probably the deepest field thus far in 2018, as the PGA heats up with The Masters quickly approaching.
With that being said, lets talk about some picks.
Previous 5 Winners:
2017: Dustin Johnson (-17)
2016: Bubba Watson (-15)
2015: James Hahn (-6)
2014: Bubba Watson (-15)
2013: John Merrick (-11)
KEY STATS FOR THIS WEEK:
- SG Tee-Green
- SG Putting
- Birdie or Better
- Par 4 Scoring
- Drive Distance
– DFS PGA Plays of the Week –
Dustin Johnson ($11,900)
- I’ve done my best to avoid writing up Dustin, as I tend to reserve the high dollar write up for who I believe has the best shot at winning among the top tier of spending. Well, this week it is Dustin. He continued his excellent play at Pebble Beach, before a disappointing Sunday that might be best for blaming his father-in-law Wayne Gretzky for having to withdraw from the Amateur competition. Why you ask? A change in pace for DJ, one less body for him to consult, and talk things out with, something that seems to benefit him greatly when playing at Pebble. It’s not THE reason, but it certainly played a role. Now, DJ heads to Riviera, a place in which he’s be super successful, much like Pebble, and much like every other course on the planet. The World #1 has now begun his 2018 campaign with three straight Top 10 finishes, including a win in Hawaii. Last years win at Riviera kicked off a string of three straight wins, and prior to last seasons win, he’s finished 4th, T2, 2nd, MC, T4, since 2012. That’s pretty darn good. He ranks 1st in our Cheat Sheet this week, and it isn’t really close, as he’s up ahead of Paul Casey by nearly 7 points on our RC Rating Scale. He’s the clear favorite in Vegas and in this writing. Typically I’m against spending up on a player in cash, as I prefer a balanced approach, but you also want the winner in cash, if possible, and with all the value in this field, Dustin is easily affordable in that format. Lock him in everywhere.
Also, see the odds for a TOP 5 or TOP 10 finish this week. Utilizing our picks and PGA CHEAT SHEET can provide huge value in the betting market!