Latest posts by Josh Gross (see all)
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Saturday March 17th - March 17, 2018
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Friday March 16th - March 16, 2018
- NBA DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Thursday March 15th - March 15, 2018
Generally, the goal is to have a lineup of all six golfers making the cut. Some weeks it will vary, but a majority of the time, six is the goal. Every week the spreadsheet will be updated with the field and stats necessary to look into when determining your lineups.
TIGER WEEK IS HERE! Unfortunately DraftKings decided to price Tiger above Jason Day, at $9700 this week, so you won’t see him mentioned past this intro, but man is it going to be great to have the GOAT back! You’ll see me talking about him plenty on Social Media this week, and even though I didn’t write him up in this article, it doesn’t mean I won’t be rooting for him to win. Aside from Tiger’s return, we have an excellent slate on our hands, with Jon Rahm looking to repeat as Farmers Insurance Open Champion, and win a second straight event. Rickie Fowler, Jason Day, Justin Rose, Patrick Cantlay, and Phil Mickelson have joined Rahm and Tiger at Torrey Pines, and the mid range on this slate is LOADED. There is a lot to go over, with simply not enough space to write everyone up, so I’ve narrowed the player pool as little as I could.
With that being said, lets talk about some picks.
Previous 5 Winners:
2017: Jon Rahm (-13)
2016: Brandt Snedeker (-6)
2015: Jason Day (-9)
2014: Scott Stallings (-9)
2013: Tiger Woods (-14)
KEY STATS FOR THIS WEEK:
- SG Tee-Green
- SG Putting
- Birdie or Better
- Par 5 Scoring
- Total Driving
– DFS PGA Plays of the Week –
Jon Rahm ($11,800)
- Last week, I didn’t write up Rahm, although I mentioned he was my pick to win. I’m not going to go two weeks in a row without discussing him, especially when I believe he’ll go back-to-back wins on Tour, and repeat as Farmers Insurance Open Champion. He’s the most expensive player in the field, and rightfully so. I mean, he is coming off a win last weekend, he is the number two player in the world, and he is the best player in this field. In a week that is overshadowed by Tiger Woods’ return, not many are discussing Rahm. He checks in at #2 overall in our Cheat Sheet, only behind Rickie Fowler. Despite ranking behind Fowler, Rahm is the lone player in this field to rank inside the Top 50 statistically in every stat we’ve highlighted this week. Those include Top 3 ranks in T-G, Birdie or Better Rate, and Par 5 Scoring. Most importantly for me, Rahm handled the Poa Annua greens last year like a Pro. They didn’t phase him, and we saw some of the best on the planet struggle to figure them out. It’s a tricky surface, but he shined on them last year. Coming into the week in excellent form, and a great track record, Rahm is a favorite to repeat, and extend his winning streak on Tour to two. He’s difficult to fit in cash formats, but not impossible. You can get away with fading in cash, if it means assuring yourself six made cuts, but if you plan on winning a GPP, you’ll need him, if you’re expecting a win from Rahm.
Also, see the odds for a TOP 5 or TOP 10 finish this week. Utilizing our picks and PGA CHEAT SHEET can provide huge value in the betting market!